Recently, Sprint began a soft roll-out of their VoLTE feature. Voice over LTE, allows for higher quality voice calls through an LTE network. During this transition, they have made changes to their Conditional Call Forwarding system which are proving to be problematic for Sprint customers using apps like TrapCall.
Our engineers have been in contact with Sprint's team who acknowledge the bug caused by these changes. They have assured us that they are working on resolving this issue.
In the meantime, if you are experiencing issues programming TrapCall on your Sprint phone using the app's prompts, this may be due to Sprint's Wi-Fi Calling feature interfering with call forwarding. In order to resolve this issue, you'll need to deactivate Wi-Fi Calling. Before doing so, please check with your carrier as this may increase your data usage. Here's how to deactivate Wi-Fi calling:
- Click on this link: https://www.sprint.com/en/support/device/select-device.html
- Select the brand of the device you have
- Select the model of the device you have
- Click on Calls
- Activate Wi-Fi calling/calling plus
- Follow all steps to complete the activation and deactivation of Wi-fi calling or calling plus
After following the steps above, proceed through the app's activation instructions again. You should not see this issue persist.